On what would have been Breonna Taylor’s 27th birthday, we stand in solidarity against centuries of brutal violence + systemic racial injustice in this country. As a part of the health + wellness community, we recognize that there has been a historical problem with representation, access + inclusion for Black and Indigenous People of Color (BIPOC) in the wellness community, and we are committed to using our platform, our voice + our resources to take action. While we acknowledge we have work to do in the long term, we want to take action in the immediate short term.
We believe that supporting women-owned businesses uplifts communities. As a female-founded + female-led brand, we want to use our platform + voice to highlight amazing Black women doing the same in the wellness space. As a way to further amplify these brands, we will be designating a portion of our paid advertising campaigns through June 8th to increase awareness + support for these brands via our channels.
The Fit In
– “The Fit In was created from a need for quality health & fitness access in the community. The need to make proper training accessible in terms of location, price, and support. While temporarily closed due to Covid-19, this diverse community can still receive training on demand from a diverse group of knowledgeable, supportive instructors.”
–Ife Obi, Founder
– “ Founded in 2016, my vision is making self-care more inclusive, engaging, and fun. Our products are infused with single-origin turmeric, a potent super-herb recognized for its beautifying, healing, and mood-boosting properties.”
–Trinity Mouzon, Founder
– “My vision has been to cultivate a brand that reflected the values of clean, ethical, and inclusive beauty. For nearly a decade I have concentrated on helping others achieve skin wellness through personalized treatments and the creation of products defined by simplicity and usability.”
– Lesley Thornton, Founder
– “Hanahana Beauty is a clean beauty brand that offers ethically sourced + better for you ingredients.We are serious about producer to consumer transparency, remaining cruelty-free and always paying 2x the fair trade price for our shea butter sourced directly from Tamale, Ghana. Hanahana Beauty is committed to creating sustainable ways of access + learning and sharing the stories of black women globally.”
–Abena Boamah-Acheampong, Founder
The Honey Pot Company
– “If you’re here because your honeypot is unhappy, I’ve been there.The whole reason I started The Honey Pot Co. was because I was suffering from bacterial vaginosis for months and couldn’t get relief. One night, an ancestor visited me in a dream and gifted me with a vision to heal myself. With her help, I created the Honey Pot Co to solve for what other brands wouldn’t, using the power of herbs.”
–Bea Dixon – Founder